West Virginia - Philippi
The Barbour County Courthouse was built in 1903 in the Richardsonian Romanesque style. It's a variation of Romanesque developed by Richardson. Look it up.
The Barbour County War Memorial was erected in front of the courthouse on Veterans' Day, 1923.
The early 1900s Williams Building is on the northwest corner of Main and Church Streets.
The Barbour Democrat building up Church Street is the oldest here, maybe the oldest left in town, dating to the late 1800s.
See more along US Route 250
Back to West Virginia Non-Roads
Back to Non-Roads main page