Washington - Pasco
The Northern Pacific Railway founded Pasco in 1884 as a new railroad stop and future county seat, so it's only fitting that a 1902 NP locomotive was preserved at the north end of Volunteer Park. Pasco was named after Cerro de Pasco in Peru, one of the highest cities in the world, where the NP's construction engineer had done prior work.
Franklin County itself was only founded a few months earlier in 1883. The courthouse (and public safety building) is on the west side of Volunteer Park.
Architectural details of the 1913 structure.
Back to Washington Non-Roads
Back to Non-Roads main page