Questions? Comments? Broken link? Want to send me a photo? Bored? Write me.
The non-roads part of my education: building a pedestrian suspension bridge that holds 3,000 pounds. Photo courtesy Kelly W., featuring Michael Young, Kelly Johnson, me, and Alia Burton from right to left.
|Also find me on Twitter @AlpsRoads!|
Below is a clickable map - the green states, provinces, etc. are places viewable on this website. If you're bad at geography, think Mexico is swallowing Alaska, don't know what that little thing is way up in the top right hand corner, or can't seem to get your mouse onto Vatican City, I'll be nice and provide the individual links for you at the bottom of the image.
Last updated: 12/1/12 - California (New state, 437 new photos), Aerial photos (New pages, 97 new photos), Animals (Split page, 11 new photos), Cats (5 new photos, 3 new cats), Sky/Sunrise/Sunset (2 new sunset photos)
9/11/12 - Texas (New state, 370 photos), Arkansas (112 photos), Oklahoma (30 photos)
8/4/12 - New Mexico: New state, 1,162 photos, many from old US 66
6/2/12 - Arizona: New state, 715 photos, many from old US 66
2/8/11 - Added clickable map; three new Southern states: Alabama (245 photos), Louisiana (271 photos), Mississippi (155 photos)
1/28/11 - New locations: Arkansas, District of Columbia (7 videos), Florida (1 video), Maine, Michigan, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Oklahoma, Prince Edward Island - 823 new photos. New pages and photos:
10/3/10 - Reorganized the site into state pages and subpages for easier navigation and future updating
- Indiana: 13 from Indianapolis
- Maryland: 16 from Baltimore
- New Hampshire: 29 from Connecticut Lakes, 15 from Franconia Notch
- New Jersey: 3 from Atlantic Highlands, 7 from Clerks locations, 12 from Fairy Tale Forest, 32 from Fort Hancock, 16 from Newark, 25 from Prudential Center
- New York: 18 from Binghamton Mets, 10 from Buffalo, 75 from New York City (and 1 video) and split page, 9 from Orient Beach, 10 from Shea and World's Fair Pavilion
- Pennsylvania: 77 from Bellefonte, 4 from Corry, 3 from Reading (Phillies), 6 from York
- Rhode Island: 3 from Providence, 6 from hot rods in Cumberland, 6 from Pawtucket Red Sox
- Vermont: 28 from Bennington and 29 from the 2009 Moosefest, 10 from Guildhall
- Misc.: 13 from animals and split page, 7 from cats, 8 from clouds and sky, 3 from other misc.
1/30/09 - Wilmington, VT and Thompson, CT
1/14/09 - Pennsylvania: Kinzua Bridge State Park and Pittsburgh
12/20/08 - New York: High Falls, Rochester and Niagara Falls
9/13/08 - The Hawai`i update! 364 photos of Hawai`i scenery and 26 photos from Pearl Harbor and the Polynesian Cultural Center luau. Also includes: 14 new animals, 3 new cats, 8 new cloud/sunrise photos, and 6 other misc. photos.
7/16/08 - Reorganized the non-roads portion of my site, added six animal photos
7/4/08 - Great Falls of Paterson, NJ - 27 photos, only one with a road
6/28/08 - Shaker Village, New Lebanon, NY with 32 photos including the ruins of the Great Stone Barn. Wyman Park, Baltimore, MD with 9 photos. Croton Point, NY with 14 photos at sunset.
4/19/08 - New York City - Split from NYC Roads page and added 6 photos
11/18/07 - Abandoned Hanton City, RI with 22 photos, Jets at Giants Stadium with 10 photos and a video
10/13/07 - Cape May-Lewes Ferry, Connecticut Trolley Museum with 86 photos on six pages
5/19/07 - NJ/NY/PA Tri-Point (with directions)
12/16/06 - Pisa, Italy
10/29/06 - Boston Pumpkin Festival 2006!
10/15, 28/06 - New clouds/sky page with 10 photos
9/11/06 - 9 new misc. photos, 9 new cat photos, and 11 new pages: Quechee Gorge and Quechee bridges (with video!), Seven Falls, CT, Crazy birdhouse guy, MIT steals Caltech's cannon, Harpers Ferry WV, NH scenery, WV scenery, PA railroads, Shea Stadium, South Fork Dam